Knighton Fields Primary Academy is committed to improving the quality and range of PE and Sports provision we offer our pupils. We aim to;
- Increase the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Academic year 2017-2018
The academy will receive a total of £17,740
How the 2017-2018 PE and Sport Premium is to be spent
- The money will contribute to the employment of the PE specialist to lead the development of the sports curriculum across the academy.
- Working with specialist sport coaches to introduce additional sporting activities (e.g. a dance teacher; Leicester Riders’ coach; and coaches for badminton, cricket and basketball).
- Participating in sporting competitions within the county and within Trust academies.
- Affiliation to local sports leagues.
- Links with local sports clubs.
- Running after school clubs.
- New sports equipment.
- Seek external coaching courses and accreditation for key staff
- Host training for wider staff interested in leading lunchtime and after school clubs
- Membership to Premier League Primary Stars
- Host sporting events which raise profile of PE with parents
Evaluation of the Academic Year 2016-2017
During the 2016-2017 academic year, children throughout the academy were given the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular clubs provided by our dedicated teachers and other qualified teaching staff.
In addition, we had external providers working in partnership with the academy. These included Leicestershire Cricket club, badminton and basketball coaches. All children in year 3 and 4 took part in swimming lessons for the whole of the Autumn term and other year groups participated in subsequent terms.
During the 2016/2017 academic year, pupils from across the academy represented Knighton Fields at an increased number of sporting events both across the city and within the Trust. The following table details the participation rates of Knighton Fields pupils in these competitive events.
|Number of pupils|
|Intercity Badminton tournament||8|
|Leicester City Schools Football League||30|
|Kwik Cricket tournament||10|
|Kwik sticks hockey tournament||16 (two junior teams)|
|KS1 Sports Festival||10|
|KS2 Indoor athletics||20|
|KS2 Saffron Lane Athletics||30|
In addition, we were able to fund an increased number of sporting clubs and sessions for the children to participate in
|Number of pupils|
|Basketball coaching||27 (Year 6)|
|Leicestershire county cricket coaching||30 (Year 5)|
|Kwik sticks hockey||20|
|Multi skills||20 (KS1)|
|Multi skills||20 (KS2)|
Please download our PE and Sports Funding report below: